Mike and Dawn Menning serve with the Great Commission Utah which focuses on bringing the gospel to the people of polygamist groups.
November 22, 2018
This morning Dawn reminded me that this week we should thank God for all the ministry opportunities God has allowed us to be a part of. Please join us in special prayers of PRAISE & THANKSGIVING -- thanking God for this opportunity to serve Him! Here is a listing of a few things we are especially thankful for:
- This past Friday evening and all day Saturday five guys with the ministry of Local 316 (name is based on I John 3:16) worked hard to bless the Family of eight getting their humble dwellings winterized. For the first time after four or five years the family is together, but still hiding from the FLDS. Please continue to pray for the children as they have been severely abused at the hands of the FLDS caretakers while children were separated from their parents. Pray that they will be open to the truths of the Bible and the love of Jesus shown through many of who care and have responded. Special thanks to those who contributed toward the supplies used to make these repairs.
- While the five guys from Local 3:16 were working in eastern Utah nine others from Local 3:16 were working in southern Utah, Colorado City/Hildale through the ministry of The Dream Center. This group refurbished a home that a mom and her seven children had lived. The dad cannot be present in the home because he is one of over 20 registered sex offenders in the CC/H living in the community. Last year I wrote about cleaning up this home. This is house where volunteers previously encountered a host of a different species of mice -- jumping mice. At the present time the mom and the children are taking shelter at the Dream Center where they are being taught how to manage a home and how to keep it clean. Missionaries and volunteers coming to CC/H don't just preach Jesus with words, but also preach Jesus with good works to the people, loving and continued care. Thanks Local 3:16 and thanks to all who have helped in the past year, and thanks to local ministries of the Dream Center, Grace Reigns, and the AA care group. Thanks to God for you all!
- We offer prayers of Thanksgiving for the ministry of Holding Out Help, another partner groups who works tirelessly in helping to care for and love the many coming out of the polygamy culture.
- The new ministry of Wellsprings Ministry of Mt. Pleasant, Utah is a shining light to that community, geographically in the very center of our state. This is a Christian Coffee House for the people of the people of Mt. Pleasant, (which is over 90% Mormon) and the thousands of tourists who travel Highway 89. For this ministry we give prayers of Thanksgiving.
- We offer prayers of Thanksgiving for the care Intermountain Christian School providing education to students , especially those coming from polygamy background.
- We give prayers of Thanksgiving for the many pastors and ministry staff who work tirelessly in this place which seems so dark at times.
- We give prayers of Thanksgiving for the ministry of Loving Utah, a ministry to pastors and church planters which crosses all denominational lines, working for the multiplication of churches here in Utah.
- We are so very thankful for you, the many churches and individuals who support the ministry of Great Commission in your prayer support and dollars, helping to help pay the cost of running this ministry.
Dawn and I are especially thankful at this time of year that we are able to serve our Lord in this place!!!!!!
In His service,
Marion "Mike" Menning
`1673 Parkridge Dr.
Salt Lake City, Utah 84121
Pay Pal: firstname.lastname@example.org