Mike and Dawn Menning serve with the Great Commission Utah which focuses on bringing the gospel to the people of polygamist groups.
April 17, 2018
It's been a good week;
- Tuesday was a momentous day. After five years of of legal battles trying to "close " on the property of the ministry headquarters, the Log Building. Finally the judge issued the OK order to move forward on giving clear title. We signed the final documents at a Title company in the Washington County at noon a week ago today. Grace Reigns now has the legal "deed: to the log building property. This means the Trust can no longer tell us what we can and can not do at the property. This property has now become our worship center as well as the Thrift Store. It is also used most nights of the week for community activities. We praise God for the fact that five years ago two churches have contributed enough money to pay for the property. Please join us in prayer praising God for the nearly $90,000 contributed by two of our supporting churches. This property property now has clear title and is paid for, lock, stock, and barrel.
- I've had to be in Colorado City/Hildale (CC/H) for the third week in row
- I've been working hard with former members of the FLDS helping to organize residents of Colorado City (CC). I am teaching them some the basics of campaigning so they run for City Counsel and win in the November elections. Arizona has some strange laws concerning the primary elections. I am helping them through this legal jungle. The people of the community have never before taken on this type of responsibility, because in the past the FLDS church has always run city government. It's a steep learning curve for them and at times for me as well as I relate to this culture. The community is very appreciative of our efforts. Through these efforts and others, like Brody serving on the 4th of July celebration planning committee we are strengthening the trust between us and them. This culture as well as others need to trust us before their ears will be opened to hearing us proclaim the gospel to them. God is allowing me to use some of my past political experience to accomplish this goal. Please pray, asking God to send the Holy Spirit to open their hearts to wonderful news of the Jesus of the Bible!
- Last week the concrete was poured for the new basket ball/volley ball court next to the "Log Building." We praise God for the family who paid almost $10,000 for this great improvement. Brody and gang now can more effectively do ministry with young people through basket ball and volley ball.
- Dawn and I actually took four days off and went camping in Nevada! It was great to get away for a few days.
MY JOURNEY THROUGH UTAH - A HISTORICAL PIECE OF INFO
Many involved in the Mormon church and other Mormon based "churches," such as the FLDS church have a variety of beliefs concerning the Holy Spirit. In today's world many of them believe, the Holy Spirit is an office, not the third person of the Trinity. Some believe the office is filled by their current prophet and others believe the "office of the Holy Spirit" is filled by Joseph Smith. Sad but true!
Please join us in prayer asking God to remove the scales from their eyes!
In His service,
Marion "Mike" Menning
`1673 Parkridge Dr.
Salt Lake City, Utah 84121
Pay Pal: firstname.lastname@example.org