Nursery is available during our worship services – we have nurseries for infants, crawlers, and toddlers. Please visit our nursery suite area and check in your child at the kiosk for the appropriate nursery. A family lounge and feeding rooms are located across from the nurseries if you’d like to utilize them during the service.
HYMN SING AND POTLUCK - JUNE 3!
Hymn Sing and Potluck: On Sunday, June 3, we will be having a Hymn Sing and Potluck at our 6:00 pm service! Please visit the information center for both food sign-up sheets and a place to write down your favorite hymn(s)!
ESV BIBLES AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE - HUGE DISCOUNT!
In January, Orland Park CRC had the joy of placing new ESV Bibles in our church pews. Because we have begun using the ESV, Crossway Books (which publishes the ESV) is offering our congregation a one-time opportunity to purchase Bibles at a substantial discount. A table with sample Bibles is set up today through May 27 in the gym – come by and take a look! If you would like to purchase a new Bible for yourself or a loved one, please complete an order form (found at the table) and submit payment by May 27 to the collection box at the information center.
INFORMATIONAL MEETING ABOUT SERVING IN CADETS
Cadets is ________. Do you know how to fill in this blank? You may be surprised to find out how cadets helps train and mentor young boys in the faith. And you might be even more surprised how you can help out in big or small ways with this ministry. Please attend an informational meeting between the services on Sunday, May 20, in the music room to learn more about the program and how we as a congregation can be more involved.
- VBS Donations: Stop by the table in the lobby today to see what donations will be needed to help make VBS a success. Please prayerfully consider helping with supplies or letting us borrow some items that will be used to create a fun and interactive environment where the children will learn what it’s like to be rescued by Jesus!
- VBS volunteers are needed, and there are many areas for service! Please see the volunteer form at the information center for serving opportunities for “Shipwrecked VBS” June 11-15, 9-11:45 am. Please pray about where you may like to help and return the sheet to either Kim Hospes’s or Jenny Harris’s mailbox.
- Online registration for Shipwrecked VBS is now open! Children Pre-K (potty trained, please) through 6th grade in the fall are invited to join us June 11-15, 9:00-11:45 am. Make sure to invite your neighbors, family, and friends!
ORPHAN MINISTRY NEWS
- The OPCRC Orphan Ministry will be collecting new or gently-used bras. The drive will run from May 30–June3. The donations will be sent to organizations that help women who have been set free from human trafficking. These women can then sell and repair the donated items to help support themselves and their families. Please bring your donations, beginning May 30, to the box that will be located behind the information center.
- Orphan Ministry Rummage Sale: Are you spring cleaning? Please save your household items and clothes for the annual rummage sale! 100% of the proceeds from the sale go to help adoptive families. The sale will be in the gym on Friday, June 1, and Saturday, June 2. We will need help with set up on Wednesday and Thursday evenings, the days of the sale, clean up on Saturday, and baked goods donations. Please contact Allison Loerop if you can help.
LADIES' CRAFT NIGHT
Please join us for Ladies’ Craft Night on Tuesday, May 22, from 5:00-9:30 pm in the music room. Bring your own project and join us for an evening of fun and fellowship.
COMBINED WORSHIP SERVICE: MAY 27 | 6:00 PM
Next Sunday evening we will have a combined worship service here at our church. We will be joined by members of Palos Christian Reformed Church, and Pastor Greg Janke will bring the message.
MEAL PROVIDERS NEEDED
Are you willing to provide meals to church members who have a special need or have a new baby? If so, please sign up at the information center. You will be contacted by district caregivers when a need arises within the district. Thank you so much for serving the body of Christ in this way.
- Our last youth service and LOFT meeting of the year will take place on Sunday, May 20, from 6:00-9:00 pm.
MOMS OF ORLAND CRC FACEBOOK GROUP
Moms of young children, are you looking to connect with other moms in the church? Join the “Moms of Orland Park CRC” private facebook group. It is a great way to organize a playdate, plan a ladies’ night out, gather babysitter suggestions, or make a nursery switch. The group is designed to help build a network of moms within the church. To join, sign up at the information center or ask a friend to add you to the group.
SPECIAL PARKING NOTICE
Please do not park in the accessible spots reserved for Bethshan on Sundays, even in the evening. These spots must be left available for the Bethshan buses.
FOOD PANTRY DONATIONS
Food Pantry Donations: If you would like to contribute to the food pantry by donating food, you may drop off the food in the rolling cart located behind the information center in the inner lobby. Thank you for supporting this vital ministry!