THIS SUNDAY (MARCH 17) AT OPCRC...
- Sunday School, Friendship Class, and Adult Ed meet today between the morning services.
- Choir rehearses today between the morning services in the music room.
- Valet Parking: There will be a deacon by the main entrance to provide free valet parking before the 8:30 service throughout the rest of the winter.
- Lost and Found: Please visit the table near the gym doors to claim any items that may belong to you. All items not claimed by Sunday, March 31, will be donated.
- Submissions for the April issue of the Outlook newsletter are due today. Please send to Denise Vander Plaats at email@example.com or drop off in the church office.
- Quiet Activities for your child’s use during the service are available in the inner lobby.
- Listening packs are available at the information center if you need hearing assistance. If you need help, please ask the information center attendant.
- CDs and DVDs of the worship service are located in the outer lobby. You can also watch video of the sermons on our website at orlandchurch.com. Our services are also streamed live each Sunday on our facebook page or YouTube (orlandchurch).
Nursery is available during our worship services – we have nurseries for infants, crawlers, and toddlers. Please visit our nursery suite area and check in your child at the kiosk for the appropriate nursery. A family lounge and feeding rooms are located across from the nurseries if you’d like to utilize them during the service.
Sunday School meets each Sunday at 9:40. K-4th grade starts off with singing in E/F, and 5th-12th grade kids begin in their classrooms. If you are visiting and your child would like to attend a Sunday School class, please see someone at the Information Center and they can direct you where to go.
Kids are welcome to attend Children’s Church during the worship services in Room E/F. Kids will be dismissed during each service. Morning Children’s Church is for children ages 3-pre-K. The evening class includes children ages 3-5.
Adult Ed meets at 9:40 am in the youth center each Sunday. Our study through April 14 is: “The Path to the Cross.” Learn from Bible teacher Ray VanderLaan as he teaches on site in the middle east about how the passionate faith of God’s people prepares the way for Jesus and his ultimate act of obedience and sacrifice at the cross. Then, be challenged in your own life to live as they did – by every word that comes from the mouth of God. Class will meet in the youth center during the Sunday school hour.
The choir rehearses each Sunday in the music room immediately following the 8:30 service. Join us for coffee and cookies and stay for fellowship and song.
BREEZE ONLINE DIRECTORY AND APP!
We are so excited to unveil our new church management software. This platform will allow church members to stay connected in a new and simple way!
- With Breeze, you can see and update your personal and family information. Did you move? Add a new phone number? Provide the most current information with the click of a button. You can also access an online church directory!
- Breeze allows you to give online simply and easily. You can also access your giving history (whether you’ve given online or through budget envelopes) any time you wish.
- Breeze provides an online church calendar, so you can see what’s happening at our church throughout the week.
Click here to sign up for Breeze. Just click the "Create Account" under the green sign in button, then enter your name and email (be sure that this is the email that the church already has associated with you in the database). Breeze will then send you a sign up email. Follow the prompts in that email to set up a username and password, and you are all set! If you do not have an email assigned to you in our system or it is incorrect, please let someone in the church office know and we can correct it for you.
You can also download the Breeze app for your mobile device! Just search Breeze in your app store to download the app. If you have any questions or would like help signing up for Breeze or downloading the app to your mobile device, come to the help desk in the flex room after either morning services for assistance.
GROUP FOR GALS GET-TOGETHER:
Our next get-together is Friday, March 22, at 1:00 pm at Southfork Restaurant for lunch. Another opportunity is available on Saturday, March 30, at 12:30 pm at Palos Community Church: a luncheon and program featuring Lynn Austin. Cost is $5. Please sign up for both or either at the
SERVICE OPPORTUNITY: ALL GOD'S PEOPLE
Save the Date! We are organizing a group from church to serve the homeless with All God’s People downtown on April 13. We meet at the All God’s People warehouse in Orland Park at 11:15 am. From there we head to the Chicago site, where parking is onsite and free. We should be done around 3:30 pm. If you would like more information about this opportunity, contact Jessica Clevering. Sign up will be available in a few weeks.
FOOD PANTRY NEWS
Food Pantry Donations: If you would like to contribute to the food pantry by donating food, you may drop off the food in the rolling cart located behind the information center in the inner lobby. Thank you for supporting this vital ministry!
The food pantry ministry is excited that we've received a deep freezer! If you have meat that you can donate to our ministry or know of a supplier, please contact the office. We are also accepting donations of fresh produce from gardens.