THIS SUNDAY (JULY 21) AT OPCRC...
- Quiet Activities for your child’s use during the service are available in the inner lobby.
- Listening packs are available at the information center if you need hearing assistance. If you need help, please ask the information center attendant.
- CDs and DVDs of the worship service are located in the outer lobby. You can also watch video of the sermons on our website at orlandchurch.com. Our services are also streamed live each Sunday on our facebook page or YouTube (orlandchurch).
- New Members: This morning we rejoice to welcome new members Larry
and Linda Dryfhout and Clarence and Pearl Sturwold during our 8:30 service.
- Baptism: This morning during our 10:45 service, we have the privilege of witnessing the baptism of Judah David Smit, son of Michael and Rachel Smit, and Airey Beth Derouin, daughter of Tom and Asheley Derouin.
HYMNSING AND POTLUCK!
We will have our hymnsing service at 6:00 pm followed by a potluck in the gym next Sunday, July 28. Bring your favorite family-size side dish or dessert and join us for this evening of fellowship and song!
DISCIPLESHIP AND OUTREACH DIRECTOR
The Administrative Elders announce that we have hired Mr. Dean Galemb to serve as Discipleship and Outreach Director. The primary responsibilities of this position will focus on launching a new college ministry and overseeing the youth, discipleship, and outreach ministries of the church. Dean will work on furthering his theological education so that in due time he can be presented to the congregation as a candidate for Commissioned Pastor and eventually minister of the Word, at which time the congregation will have the opportunity to officially “call him.” Dean will take up his duties starting August 15. Please join us in welcoming Dean and in thanking the Lord for bringing him to us with the passion and gifts for this ministry.
The OPCRC office announces an opening for a Discipleship and Outreach Coordinator. The job description is available from Pastor Dan (email@example.com), or you can find it on our church website by clicking on the “News and Events” tab and scrolling down to “Job Opportunities.” Please apply promptly or
suggest names to the pastors or office staff.
HOPE PACKS DRIVE
Today, we are kicking off our HOPE Packs drive (July 21-August 4), an opportunity that will help two people at the same time, including Safe Families children! Our church can provide meaningful work for the adults in Elim’s program and bless children living in need in our community. To participate, simply pick up a HOPE Packs flyer and envelope on the table in the outer narthex. Elim is planning to distribute over 11,500 HOPE Packs yet this summer, and they need our help. Our goal is to sponsor 200 HOPE Packs, including 15 for Safe Families children, plus children served by Christ Cares and Chicagoland Prison Outreach. You can find out more and watch our videos at www.hopepacks.com.
BETHSHAN PICNIC VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
We will have our annual picnic with the residents at Bethshan the evening of Wednesday, July 31. We will be eating, playing games, and enjoying a night of fellowship. If you are able to help serve dinner, assist with games, or help with set up and clean up, please sign up at the information center.
- Please look around the house for any church library books which might be hiding! While many items were returned in early June shortly after school concluded for the summer, there are still many more which are checked out and have been out for several months. If you are wondering which items you might have out, just stop by the library desk. The staff is happy to help!
- Kids ages 3 through grade 8 are invited to participate in the summer reading program in the OPCRC library. Reading logs are now available. The theme this year is “Under the Sea.” Please list books read or which are read to the child, and return them to church for weekly prizes! The reading program will end August 25.
Nursery is available during our worship services – we have nurseries for infants, crawlers, and toddlers. Please visit our nursery suite area and check in your child at the kiosk for the appropriate nursery. A family lounge and feeding rooms are located across from the nurseries if you’d like to utilize them during the service.
Sunday School meets each Sunday at 9:40. K-4th grade starts off with singing in E/F, and 5th-12th grade kids begin in their classrooms. If you are visiting and your child would like to attend a Sunday School class, please see someone at the Information Center and they can direct you where to go. Sunday School is now done for the school year and on break for the summer. Classes will resume in the fall.
Kids are welcome to attend Children’s Church during the worship services in Room E/F. Kids will be dismissed during each service. Morning Children’s Church is for children ages 3-pre-K. The evening class includes children ages 3-5. Evening Children's Church will take a break for the summer and resume after Labor Day.
BREEZE ONLINE DIRECTORY AND APP!
We are so excited to unveil our new church management software. This platform will allow church members to stay connected in a new and simple way!
- With Breeze, you can see and update your personal and family information. Did you move? Add a new phone number? Provide the most current information with the click of a button. You can also access an online church directory!
- Breeze allows you to give online simply and easily. You can also access your giving history (whether you’ve given online or through budget envelopes) any time you wish.
- Breeze provides an online church calendar, so you can see what’s happening at our church throughout the week.
Click here to sign up for Breeze. Just click the "Create Account" under the green sign in button, then enter your name and email (be sure that this is the email that the church already has associated with you in the database). Breeze will then send you a sign up email. Follow the prompts in that email to set up a username and password, and you are all set! If you do not have an email assigned to you in our system or it is incorrect, please let someone in the church office know and we can correct it for you.
You can also download the Breeze app for your mobile device! Just search Breeze in your app store to download the app. If you have any questions or would like help signing up for Breeze or downloading the app to your mobile device, come to the help desk in the flex room after either morning services for assistance.
FOOD PANTRY NEWS
Food Pantry Donations: If you would like to contribute to the food pantry by donating food, you may drop off the food in the rolling cart located behind the information center in the inner lobby. Thank you for supporting this vital ministry!
The food pantry ministry is excited that we've received a deep freezer! If you have meat that you can donate to our ministry or know of a supplier, please contact the office. We are also accepting donations of fresh produce from gardens.