THIS SUNDAY (SEPTEMBER 23) AT OPCRC...
- We welcome Patrick Vanderburgh who will bring the Word at our 8:30 and 10:45 services both this Sunday and next Sunday. Patrick is the director of the Milwaukee Rescue Mission, the largest homeless shelter in Wisconsin. We are also happy to have Pastor Joe Huizenga from Roseland Christian Reformed Church bring the Word at our 6:00 pm service.
- Quiet Activities for your child’s use during the service are available in the inner lobby.
- Listening packs are available at the information center if you need hearing assistance. If you need help, please ask the information center attendant.
- CDs and DVDs of the worship service are located in the outer lobby. You can also watch video of the sermons on our website at orlandchurch.com. Our services are also streamed live each Sunday on our facebook page or YouTube (orlandchurch).
Nursery is available during our worship services – we have nurseries for infants, crawlers, and toddlers. Please visit our nursery suite area and check in your child at the kiosk for the appropriate nursery. A family lounge and feeding rooms are located across from the nurseries if you’d like to utilize them during the service.
Sunday School meets each Sunday at 9:40. K-4th grade starts off with singing in E/F, and 5th-12th grade kids begin in their classrooms. If you are visiting and your child would like to attend a Sunday School class, please see someone at the Information Center and they can direct you where to go.
Kids are welcome to attend Children’s Church during the worship services in Room E/F. Kids will be dismissed during each service. Morning Children’s Church is for children ages 3-pre-K. The evening class includes children ages 3-5.
Adult Ed meets at 9:40 am in the youth center each Sunday. “The Attributes of God” is a DVD lecture series taught by Dr. Steven Lawson. The class is led by Len Donofrio. Everyone is invited to join us!
The choir rehearses each Sunday in the music room immediately following the 8:30 service. Join us for coffee and cookies and stay for fellowship and song.
WOMEN IN THE WORD BEGINS SEPTEMBER 24
Women in the Word begins a new 8-week study, “Loved by God,” by Liz Curtis Higgs on Mondays beginning September 24 at 9:30 am and 7:00 pm. Have you ever doubted that God cherishes you? Join Liz Curtis Higgs for a verse-by-verse examination of the story of Jacob, Esau, Leah, and Rachel found in Genesis 25 and 27-29. You’ll discover that God’s plans for you are bigger than you imagine and that his love for you knows no bounds.
BLAZE PIZZA FUNDRAISER FOR YOUTH GROUP
Come out to Blaze Pizza this Thursday to support the OPCRC youth mission trip! The youth group is sponsoring a fundraiser night this Thursday, September 27, from 5:00-8:00 pm at Blaze Pizza in Tinley Park to support our mission trip to Costa Rica. 20% of the sales for the night will go toward our
trip. Please be sure to bring the voucher that is in your mailboxes – it is required in order for the youth group to get credit for your order. Extra vouchers are located on the information center. Forget about cooking and enjoy a fast fire’d pizza while supporting our youth ministry!
COFFEE BREAK BEGINS OCTOBER 10
Coffee Break will begin on October 10 at 9:45 am with our “get-acquainted brunch.” Coffee Break is a wonderful opportunity to make friends in a small group setting through studying the Bible, connecting with Christian women, and growing in faith together. Take a break from the busyness of life and join us on Wednesdays, 9:30-11:00 am, as we walk through 1 and 2 Thessalonians. A nursery for infants/toddlers and Story Hour for 3-6-year-olds is available.
MIDDLE SCHOOL AND HIGH SCHOOL MINISTRIES
God’s Posse (7th & 8th Grades):
- Our next Topic Night takes place on Sunday, October 14, from 7:00-9:00 pm. We will be talking about who you are when nobody’s looking. Come for a fun night of food, games, and digging into God’s Word!
Youth Group (High School):
- Small Groups: Freshmen, sophomore, junior, and senior small groups meet on Sunday, October 7, from 7:00-9:00 pm at church.
- Fall Frolic: Join us on Saturday, October 13 for a “Fall Frolic” at Chuck & Deb Verhagen’s house. We will be hanging out there from 5:00-9:00 pm, having a bonfire, a cookout, and all kinds of fall frolicky fun! Grab a friend or two and join us!
Consider coming on the trip to Comayagua, Honduras, from January 12-19, 2019. We will visit several orphanages, build relationships with the children, encourage Arvil, Miriam, and Mommy Carmen, and help with light projects. The trip is open to anyone ages 12 and older and can be a great intergenerational experience, too! Think about making the trip with your son or daughter or grandchildren. Contact Jan Kamp at email@example.com for more information.
FOOD PANTRY NEWS
Food Pantry Donations: If you would like to contribute to the food pantry by donating food, you may drop off the food in the rolling cart located behind the information center in the inner lobby. Thank you for supporting this vital ministry!
The food pantry ministry is excited that we've received a deep freezer! If you have meat that you can donate to our ministry or know of a supplier, please contact the office. We are also accepting donations of fresh produce from gardens.