THIS SUNDAY (September 15) AT OPCRC...
- Baptism: This morning we rejoice to witness the baptism of Liana Belle Staal, daughter of Scott and Julie Staal, at our 8:30 service, and the baptism of
Liam Thomas DuBois, son of Dale and Laura DuBois, at our 10:45 service.
- Today we are happy to welcome several new members to OPCRC! During our 8:30 service, we will welcome Chris and Betsy Crince, Clarence and Pearl Sturwold, Larry VanKuiken and Sandra Zakse, and Louise VanKuiken. During our 10:45 service, we will welcome Kathy Boonstra and Britanny Boss.
- Sunday School begins today! Classes will meet at 9:40 am each Sunday, between the two morning services. If you have not yet registered your K-12th grade children for classes, please do so online as soon as possible.
- Adult Education will begin today at 9:40 am in the youth center. Pleasing God is a six-week DVD teaching series by R.C. Sproul. The class will be led by Len Donofrio and Jeff Lampos. Everyone is invited to join us!
- Choir rehearses today in the music room immediately following the 8:30 service. Join us for coffee and cookies and stay for fellowship and song.
- College & Career Sunday small group begins today. We will be taking a look at the book, “Caring for One Another,” by Edward T. Welch. There is no
preparation or homework required! Just come and enjoy some great discussions on interpersonal relationships. The group, led by Dean Galemb, will meet in room 212 in the upstairs classroom wing (above the preschool) at 9:45 am.
- College & Career Lunch Today! Please join us today after the 10:45 service for a free, home-cooked lunch and fellowship in the gym.
- Our worship night/youth service is tonight at 6:00 pm. Come sing, pray, and hear from God as Pastor Derek brings the word.
- Quiet Activities for your child’s use during the service are available in the inner lobby.
- Listening packs are available at the information center if you need hearing assistance. If you need help, please ask the information center attendant.
- CDs and DVDs of the worship service are located in the outer lobby. You can also watch video of the sermons on our website at orlandchurch.com. Our services are also streamed live each Sunday on our facebook page or YouTube (orlandchurch).
GIRLS' NIGHT OUT
Are you a woman in your 20’s, 30’s, or 40’s? Are you looking to connect with other women in the church? Then we have just the place for you! Join us for our second Girls’ Night Out activity this Friday, September 20, at 7:00 pm right here at church. We will be doing a board painting night, led by Jessica Clevering. There is a sign-up sheet at the information center where you can pick the design that you would like to paint. The cost is $10/person. We hope you will consider joining us for a night of food, fellowship, and fun! Please contact Becky Vande Kamp if you have any questions at email@example.com.
CADETS CLUB NEWS
- Cadets' next meeting will be held on Wednesday, September 18, 6:30-8:30 pm.
- The cadet campout will be held this Friday, September 20, through Sunday, September 22, at Davis Creek Youth Camp. The group will meet on Friday at 6:00 pm at the camp. Any questions? Contact Steve Summers at (708) 259-7943.
GEMS CLUB NEWS
GEMS kick-off meeting and theme night is Wednesday, September 25, 6:30-8:30 pm. This year’s schedule is available on the GEMS page on our website.
KIDS' PROGRAM REGISTRATION
One-stop registration for Sunday School, Cadets, and/or GEMS is now live on our website at orlandchurch.com! Just click on banner on the homepage to fill out the form, and register all your kids for any/all of the three programs through one convenient form. Boys in 3rd–8th grade are able to register for Cadets, girls 2nd–8th grade can register for GEMS, and Sunday School is for kids in K–12th grade. Please register your children as soon as possible!
Our new initiative to engage with college-age individuals called Monday Night Manna (MNM) needs volunteers to help with meals. These weekly evening meals are a way to provide a practical need and invest in the next generation here at Orland Park CRC. Will you please consider partnering with us in this way? For more information, please contact Dean@opcrc.org or sign up at the information center.
Adult Education will begin on Sunday, September 15, at 9:40 am in the youth center. Pleasing God is a six-week DVD teaching series by R.C. Sproul. Pleasing God offers practical guidelines for Christian living. Here R.C. Sproul shows us how to be diligent in overcoming our enemies: the world, the flesh, and the devil. The class will be led by Len Donofrio and Jeff Lampos. Everyone is invited to join us! Please sign up at the information center.
WOMEN IN THE WORD
Women in the Word will begin a new seven-week study on Romans, by Melissa Spoelstra. Our first meeting will be Monday, September 16, at 9:30-11:00 am or 7:00-8:30 pm. Child care will be available for the morning session only. Please sign up at the information center if you will attend!
Coffee Break will begin on October 2, 9:45–11:00 am with a “get-acquainted brunch.” Coffee Break is a wonderful opportunity to make friends in a small group setting through studying the Bible, connecting with Christian women, and growing in faith together. Take a break from the busyness of life and join us on Wednesdays, 9:30-11:00 am, as we walk through the book of Esther, a story filled with risky twists and turns, happy and fearful moments, dangerous and deadly outcomes. What’s more, it shows us God’s deliverance and care for his people. We look forward to seeing you! A nursery for infants/toddlers and Story Hour for 3-6-year-olds is available.
FRIENDSHIP CLASS VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
Looking for a hands-on way to serve? Come and help out with Friendship class! Friendship is a ministry to adults with disabilities from Bethshan and we need volunteers to assist them during class. You can help weekly or just once in a while. We meet between the services for a Bible story, snack, craft and other fun activities. If interested, please contact Lisa Cavanaugh (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Judy Kamp (email@example.com).
NEW PARENTING CLASS TO BEGIN IN OCTOBER
A new parenting class, “Raising Christ-Centered Children,” will be starting Friday evening, October 4. Dinner and child care provided! Details coming soon.
PLANNING FOR PEACE OF MIND WOMEN'S EVENT
Our church is hosting “Planning for Peace of Mind,” a women’s (55+) night out event facilitated by the Barnabas Foundation on Tuesday, September 17, at 7:00 pm at church. Gain practical, confidence-building insight on money and planning. We’ll discuss how to live within your means, reduce debt and plan effectively for the future, begin critical conversations with your family and/or personal advisors to prepare for the unexpected, and ensure you have the proper plans in place to care for you and your loved ones. There is no cost for this event, but please help us prepare enough refreshments and seating by registering in advance: BarnabasFoundation.com/PeaceofMind or Laura DeVries, 888.448.3040 (ext. 129).
ORPHAN MINISTRY AUCTION: SAVE THE DATE!
His Heart and Hands Orphan Ministry auction will be held on Saturday, October 19! A volunteer form was in your mailbox last week, or there are
extras at the information center. Please consider how you can help make this event a success!
Join members of our orphan ministry as we head down to Honduras, January 18-25, to visit Hogar Amor and Hogar Nazareth doing light projects (like painting) and spending time with the children. This is a great intergenerational trip! Forms are available at the information center. Form and deposit are due by October 1.
- Please look around the house for any church library books which might be hiding! While many items were returned in early June shortly after school concluded for the summer, there are still many more which are checked out and have been out for several months. If you are wondering which items you might have out, just stop by the library desk. The staff is happy to help!
- Kids ages 3 through grade 8 are invited to participate in the summer reading program in the OPCRC library. Reading logs are now available. The theme this year is “Under the Sea.” Please list books read or which are read to the child, and return them to church for weekly prizes! The reading program will end August 25.
Nursery is available during our worship services – we have nurseries for infants, crawlers, and toddlers. Please visit our nursery suite area and check in your child at the kiosk for the appropriate nursery. A family lounge and feeding rooms are located across from the nurseries if you’d like to utilize them during the service.
Sunday School meets each Sunday at 9:40. K-4th grade starts off with singing in E/F, and 5th-12th grade kids begin in their classrooms. If you are visiting and your child would like to attend a Sunday School class, please see someone at the Information Center and they can direct you where to go.
Kids are welcome to attend Children’s Church during the worship services in Room E/F. Kids will be dismissed during each service. Morning Children’s Church is for children ages 3-pre-K. The evening class includes children ages 3-5.
BREEZE ONLINE DIRECTORY AND APP!
We are so excited to unveil our new church management software. This platform will allow church members to stay connected in a new and simple way!
- With Breeze, you can see and update your personal and family information. Did you move? Add a new phone number? Provide the most current information with the click of a button. You can also access an online church directory!
- Breeze allows you to give online simply and easily. You can also access your giving history (whether you’ve given online or through budget envelopes) any time you wish.
- Breeze provides an online church calendar, so you can see what’s happening at our church throughout the week.
Click here to sign up for Breeze. Just click the "Create Account" under the green sign in button, then enter your name and email (be sure that this is the email that the church already has associated with you in the database). Breeze will then send you a sign up email. Follow the prompts in that email to set up a username and password, and you are all set! If you do not have an email assigned to you in our system or it is incorrect, please let someone in the church office know and we can correct it for you.
You can also download the Breeze app for your mobile device! Just search Breeze in your app store to download the app. If you have any questions or would like help signing up for Breeze or downloading the app to your mobile device, come to the help desk in the flex room after either morning services for assistance.
FOOD PANTRY NEWS
Food Pantry Donations: If you would like to contribute to the food pantry by donating food, you may drop off the food in the rolling cart located behind the information center in the inner lobby. Thank you for supporting this vital ministry!
The food pantry ministry is excited that we've received a deep freezer! If you have meat that you can donate to our ministry or know of a supplier, please contact the office. We are also accepting donations of fresh produce from gardens.