THIS SUNDAY (January 26) AT OPCRC...
- Sunday School meets today at 9:40 am.
- Adult Education meets today at 9:40 in the youth center. We are studying "Doctrines of Grace."
- Nursery is available during our worship services – we have nurseries for infants, crawlers, and toddlers. Please visit our nursery suite area and check in your child at the kiosk for the appropriate nursery. A family lounge and feeding rooms are located across from the nurseries if you’d like to utilize them during the service.
- Kids are welcome to attend Children’s Church during the worship services in Room E/F. Kids will be dismissed during each service. Morning Children’s Church is for children ages 3-pre-K. The evening class includes children ages 3-5.
- Choir rehearses today in the music room immediately following the 8:30 service. Join us for coffee and cookies and stay for fellowship and song
- College & Career Sunday small group will meet today at 9:45 in room 201. We will be doing a 12-week study of the book of Ephesians. We hope to see you there!
- Valet Parking: The deacons provide valet service at the doors under the canopy. Please pull up to the doors and someone will help you!
- Quiet Activities for your child’s use during the service are available in the inner lobby.
- Listening packs are available at the information center if you need hearing assistance. If you need help, please ask the information center attendant.
- CDs and DVDs of the worship service are located in the outer lobby. You can also watch video of the sermons on our website at orlandchurch.com. Our services are also streamed live each Sunday on our facebook page or YouTube (orlandchurch).
Sunday School meets each Sunday at 9:40. K-4th grade starts off with singing in E/F, and 5th-12th grade kids begin in their classrooms. If you are visiting and your child would like to attend a Sunday School class, please see someone at the Information Center and they can direct you where to go.
Adult Education meets on Sundays at 9:40 am in the youth center. Please join us!
YOUTH MINISTRIES COORDINATOR POSITION
Becky Vande Kamp has been serving in the role of Youth Director faithfully for two decades and is planning to retire at the end of this school year. Because of this, Orland Park CRC is beginning its search for a Youth Ministries Coordinator. Qualified individuals with a mature faith and steadfast character are encouraged to apply for this part-time position. To apply, email email@example.com; click here to view the job description.
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR SUNDAY EVENING, FEBRUARY 2
Please note that next Sunday evening’s worship service will be at thenormal time of 6:00 pm.
CELEBRATION OF COMMUNION
Celebration of Holy Communion will take place next Sunday, February 2, during our morning services. Let’s remember to prepare ourselves, as
Scripture calls us to do, as we anticipate coming to the Lord’s Table.
A big thanks to all who attended the hospitality training last Sunday! We learned a lot about how we can participate in making Orland Park CRC a more welcoming church. We had many people sign up to be on our brand new greeting team, but we could use many more! We’d love to have a huge group invested in this ministry, so if you’d like to be a part of it, please click on the banner on the church website to sign up. Or, you can speak to one of the members of the Wecome Committee (Michelle Wigboldy, Jenni Deaton, Dan Vander Plaats, Denise Vander Plaats, Terry Matthuis, or Linda Miltzow). Stay tuned for another training event in the next few weeks!
WOMEN'S COMEDY NIGHT
Got a case of the winter blues? Let some laughter lift your spirits at this women’s comedy night! All women, any age, are welcome to this fun night out at our church at 7:00 pm on Saturday, February 1. Invite your friends and come ready to laugh! Tickets are available now at $15 online (click on the link on our website) or $20 at the door. Questions? Contact Judy Kamp or Denise Vander Plaats.
IRON SHARPENS IRON
Iron Sharpens Iron Men’s Conference is coming to our church again this year on Saturday, February 22. Join over 600 men for some powerful worship and great speakers. Sign up at the information center! We are also in need of volunteers for this event. If you are willing to help with set-up (Friday from noon until completion) and/or take-down (Saturday from 3:00 pm on), contact Tim Hoekstra. Ladies, if you can help in the kitchen on Saturday during the conference, please contact Darla Hoekstra. If you have any other questions about the conference, please contact John Dykstra or Tim Hoekstra.
ADULT SERVE HOME BUILD 2020
There is still room for more volunteers to serve in the Meridian, MS, home build. The first week’s volunteers leave on February 9. Information about the trip can be found on the Adult Serve bulletin board by the gym. See Don Waterlander if you have any questions.
COLLEGE & CAREER
- College & Career Sunday small group will meet again on Sundays at 9:45 in room 201. We will be doing a 12-week study of the book of Ephesians. We hope to see you there!
- Monday Night Manna: College-age individuals are invited to hang out at Dean and Julia Galemb’s house (9205 S 87th Ave., Hickory Hills) on most Monday nights anytime between 6:00 and 10:00 pm. See you there!
PRESCHOOL REGISTRATION AND OPEN HOUSE
Orland Park Christian Preschool open house: Sunday, January 26, 1:00-3:00 pm;Tuesday, January 28, 9:00-11:00 am. Bring the family to view the classrooms and meet the teachers; you may also register your child for September classes. There is a T/Th morning class for children who will be 3 years old by September 1 and a M/W/F morning or extended-day class for children who will be 4 years old by September 1. Registrations received by noon on January 28 are entered into a drawing for a free month’s tuition in October.
Coffee Break meets on Wednesdays, 9:30–11:00 am. Coffee Break is a wonderful opportunity to make friends in a small group setting through studying the Bible, connecting with Christian women, and growing in faith together. Take a break from the busyness of life and join us on Wednesdays as we walk through the book of Esther, a story filled with risky twists and turns, happy and fearful moments, dangerous and deadly outcomes. What’s more, it shows us God’s deliverance and care for his people. We look forward to seeing you! A nursery for infants/toddlers and Story Hour for 3-6-year-olds is available.
BREEZE ONLINE DIRECTORY AND APP!
We are so excited to unveil our new church management software. This platform will allow church members to stay connected in a new and simple way!
- With Breeze, you can see and update your personal and family information. Did you move? Add a new phone number? Provide the most current information with the click of a button. You can also access an online church directory!
- Breeze allows you to give online simply and easily. You can also access your giving history (whether you’ve given online or through budget envelopes) any time you wish.
- Breeze provides an online church calendar, so you can see what’s happening at our church throughout the week.
Click here to sign up for Breeze. Just click the "Create Account" under the green sign in button, then enter your name and email (be sure that this is the email that the church already has associated with you in the database). Breeze will then send you a sign up email. Follow the prompts in that email to set up a username and password, and you are all set! If you do not have an email assigned to you in our system or it is incorrect, please let someone in the church office know and we can correct it for you.
You can also download the Breeze app for your mobile device! Just search Breeze in your app store to download the app. If you have any questions or would like help signing up for Breeze or downloading the app to your mobile device, come to the help desk in the flex room after either morning services for assistance.
FOOD PANTRY NEWS
Food Pantry Donations: If you would like to contribute to the food pantry by donating food, you may drop off the food in the rolling cart located behind the information center in the inner lobby. Thank you for supporting this vital ministry!
The food pantry ministry is excited that we've received a deep freezer! If you have meat that you can donate to our ministry or know of a supplier, please contact the office. We are also accepting donations of fresh produce from gardens.