Kindergarten-4th graders will meet on Sundays in E/F for a time of singing, and 5th-12th grade students will go directly to their classes. Friendship class will meet in A/B. Please exit through double doors in the gym to access the outer narthex and education area.
Join us for Adult Ed as we study "Gospel in Life" at 9:45 am in the youth center. Gospel in Life is an eight-week course by Tim Keller on the gospel and how it is lived out in all of life. Please join us as we look at how the gospel changes our hearts, our community, and how we live in the world. This course will be led by Pastor Dan and Curt Marcus.
Children’s Church is held on Sundays during the services in Room E/F. Children will be dismissed during the worship service. Please use the path through the outer narthex to the preschool, and proceed through the preschool to the education wing to reach the room. Morning Children’s Church is for children ages 3-pre-K, and evening class includes children ages 3-5.
The nurseries are located in Rooms C and D in the education wing. Please proceed through the double doors in the gym, through the path in the outer narthex to the preschool, and down the preschool hallway to the education wing to reach these rooms.
Choir will meet Sundays in the music room immediately following the 8:30 am service. Please go through the church office to access the hallway to the music room. Coffee and cookies will be waiting for you there. Come, lift high the name of Jesus with us!
We are requesting that everyone park in the parking lot for worship services. Please only park in the street as an overflow to avoid any safety concerns and to be more friendly to our neighbors.
THANKSGIVING DAY SERVICE TO BE HELD AT TRINITY
Please make note that our Thanksgiving Day service will be held at Trinity Christian College’s Ozinga Chapel at 10:00 am. We are thankful that this space is available, allowing us to worship together in one combined service.
SPECIAL BUILDING PROJECT NOTICE
Please remember that our renovation project is an active construction site. We need your cooperation in staying out of all the areas under construction. Under no circumstances is anyone allowed in the construction area, especially children. The safety of everyone is of utmost importance. Safety measures such as railing and handrails have yet to be installed, and live electric wires are present in the space, creating a significant potential danger. Additional traffic in the construction site also tracks dust throughout the entire building. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
PASTOR DEREK FEATURED PASTOR ON RADIO SEGMENT
Pastor Derek is this month’s “featured pastor” on the radio at AM 1160 (WYLL Chicago). You can tune in during the month of October to their “Teach Chicago” segment Monday through Friday at 1:00 pm or 8:00 pm to hear Pastor Derek’s messages.
- Our next meeting will be this Wednesday, October 18. All boys in 3rd through 8th grade are invited to join us. Email us at email@example.com for registration information.
- Fannie May chocolate bar fundraiser begins this Wednesday, October 18. Chocolate bars can be purchased from cadet boys or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Choose from six delicious flavors: milk chocolate, milk chocolate with caramel, milk chocolate with almond, milk chocolate with peanut butter, milk chocolate with crisped rice, and dark chocolate with mint cookie. We also have full boxes of 52 bars in a mix of all six flavors or full boxes of 36 bars with just milk chocolate.
- Counselors are needed in 3rd grade and 7th grade. Men of all ages are asked to prayerfully consider this opportunity to serve God through the cadet ministry. Email us at email@example.com for more information.
WOMEN IN THE WORD
Women in the Word will begin Mondays on October 16 with the 7-week study, “Jonah,” by Priscilla Shirer. Life’s interruptions shock us, shake us, and compel us to change. Dive into the study of Jonah and discover that what you see as an interruption may truly be God’s divine invitation to a life so much bigger than you can imagine. There will be two sessions available: 9:30 am and 7:00 pm, with nursery available for the morning session. You will receive a book for a cost of $13. Please enter from the exterior door outside E/F near the outdoor playground.
Women's Coffee Break has begun and meets on Wednesdays - and you're invited! We meet together in the gym beginning at 9:30 am for snacks and fellowship. At 9:45 am, class begins, followed by a time of discussion and prayer. A nursery is available for infants and toddlers; and a Story Hour program is offered for children ages 3-6 years old. This is a wonderful program of Bible stories, crafts and play time.
GOD'S POSSE | YOUTH GROUP
Youth Group (High School):
- Youth service and LOFT will take place on Sunday, October 15, from 6:00-9:00 pm. Hope to see you there!
- Junior small group will meet on Sunday, October 22, at Jason and Michelle Wigboldy’s house for a bonfire from 7:30-9:00 pm.
- We will be going to County Line Orchard for the corn maze and a bonfire on Saturday, October 28, from 5:00-9:00 pm. Details will follow.
ADULT SERVE MEDICAL MISSION TRIP
This is a new opportunity being offered to OPCRC for all nurses, NPs, PAs, OT/PT, or personnel trained in a surgical-type setting. You are welcome to attend a medical serve trip in Honduras at the Holy Family Surgery Center February 17-24. HFSC is a surgery center that provides life-changing surgeries for the Honduran community. Please see Linda Van Buren at the table in the tent after services for additional information. Hurricane relief or house building projects will be announced at a later date.
FRIENDSHIP CLASS VOLUNTEERS NEEDED!
Volunteers are needed to teach or help in Friendship class this year. Are you interested? If so, please contact Lisa Cavanaugh at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Consider coming on the Honduras Trip on January 12-19 to Comayagua, Honduras, to visit several orphanages, build relationships with the children, and help with light projects. It is a life-changing trip open to anyone ages 12 and up. Need more information? Contact Jan Kamp at email@example.com. Deadline to sign up is October 22!