THIS SUNDAY (MAY 19) AT OPCRC...
- Today is Disability Emphasis Sunday. Our services this morning are designed to encourage us to see the image of God in each person and to welcome their presence and their gifts in this church body. When we reject self-sufficiency and instead work to include others completely, we proclaim the gospel: Christ and Christ alone. OPCRC has a Disability Concerns Team that helps our church support and include people with disablities. Team members include: Chad Boersma, Lisa Cavanaugh, Larry Iwema, Tami Kuipers, Sharon Reusz, Becky Vande Kamp, Dan Vander Plaats, Kim Van Ryn, and Katie Vree.
- Our Hymnsing and Potluck is this evening! We will have a potluck at 5:00 pm and our hymnsing service at 6:00. Bring a family-size side dish or dessert!
- Quiet Activities for your child’s use during the service are available in the inner lobby.
- Listening packs are available at the information center if you need hearing assistance. If you need help, please ask the information center attendant.
- CDs and DVDs of the worship service are located in the outer lobby. You can also watch video of the sermons on our website at orlandchurch.com. Our services are also streamed live each Sunday on our facebook page or YouTube (orlandchurch).
Nursery is available during our worship services – we have nurseries for infants, crawlers, and toddlers. Please visit our nursery suite area and check in your child at the kiosk for the appropriate nursery. A family lounge and feeding rooms are located across from the nurseries if you’d like to utilize them during the service.
Sunday School meets each Sunday at 9:40. K-4th grade starts off with singing in E/F, and 5th-12th grade kids begin in their classrooms. If you are visiting and your child would like to attend a Sunday School class, please see someone at the Information Center and they can direct you where to go. Sunday School is now done for the school year and on break for the summer. Classes will resume in the fall.
Kids are welcome to attend Children’s Church during the worship services in Room E/F. Kids will be dismissed during each service. Morning Children’s Church is for children ages 3-pre-K. The evening class includes children ages 3-5. Evening Children's Church will take a break for the summer and resume after Labor Day.
WOMEN IN THE WORD
Join Women in the Word this summer as we begin a new 4-week study.We will study “Embrace Grace” by Liz Curtis Higgs. The group will meet on Mondays: June 3 and 17 and July 1 and 15, from 9:30-11:00 am.
All singers are invited to join this special choir which will participate in our church’s 100th anniversary service on June 23. Come and rehearse with former and current choir members on June 16 between morning services and on Wednesday, June 19, at 7:15 pm in the music room. Please sign up at the information center. Let us together mark God’s faithfulness to our church with joy in our heart and a song on our lips!
HYMNSING AND POTLUCK
Hymnsing and Potluck May 19: We will have a potluck at 5:00 pm and our hymnsing service at 6:00. Bring your favorite family-size side dish or dessert!
VACATION BIBLE SCHOOL
- We are still looking for volunteers to help with the many areas of VBS. Please pray about where you may like to help and return completed volunteer forms to either Kim Hospes’s or Sue Damstra’s mailslots. If you are not able to volunteer the week of VBS but would still like to help, please visit the VBS table in the outer lobby where there are many items that we need donated or may need to borrow to make the week a success!
- VBS is looking for donations of empty cereal or similar boxes and paper towel rolls for our crafts and decorations. Items can be brought to the table in the outer lobby.
- Online registration for Roar VBS begins this Thursday, May 17! Visit www.orlandchurch.com to register your children for a fun new adventure learning what it’s like to have Jesus in our lives, even when things aren’t going the way we want. Children Pre-K (potty trained, please) through 6th grade in the fall are invited to join us June 10-14. Make sure to invite your neighbors, family, and friends!
ORLAND PARK CRC'S 100TH ANNIVERSARY
Orland Park Christian Reformed Church, originally 4th Roseland CRC, invites you to join them in celebrating 100 years of God’s faithfulness on Sunday, June 23, 2019. Our services are at 8:30 am and 10:45 am. Former Pastor Arthur Schoonveld will bring God’s message on the joy-filled day.
BREEZE ONLINE DIRECTORY AND APP!
We are so excited to unveil our new church management software. This platform will allow church members to stay connected in a new and simple way!
- With Breeze, you can see and update your personal and family information. Did you move? Add a new phone number? Provide the most current information with the click of a button. You can also access an online church directory!
- Breeze allows you to give online simply and easily. You can also access your giving history (whether you’ve given online or through budget envelopes) any time you wish.
- Breeze provides an online church calendar, so you can see what’s happening at our church throughout the week.
Click here to sign up for Breeze. Just click the "Create Account" under the green sign in button, then enter your name and email (be sure that this is the email that the church already has associated with you in the database). Breeze will then send you a sign up email. Follow the prompts in that email to set up a username and password, and you are all set! If you do not have an email assigned to you in our system or it is incorrect, please let someone in the church office know and we can correct it for you.
You can also download the Breeze app for your mobile device! Just search Breeze in your app store to download the app. If you have any questions or would like help signing up for Breeze or downloading the app to your mobile device, come to the help desk in the flex room after either morning services for assistance.
FOOD PANTRY NEWS
Food Pantry Donations: If you would like to contribute to the food pantry by donating food, you may drop off the food in the rolling cart located behind the information center in the inner lobby. Thank you for supporting this vital ministry!
The food pantry ministry is excited that we've received a deep freezer! If you have meat that you can donate to our ministry or know of a supplier, please contact the office. We are also accepting donations of fresh produce from gardens.