We're Moving to Michigan!
After over a decade serving as the Kansas Area Director, I have accepted a promotion to become the Regional Director for the new "Great Lakes East-North" Regionfor InterVarsity Christian Fellowship! In my new role, I will be overseeing a historic region (including the very first InterVarsity chapter in the nation) in the Lower Peninsula of Michigan that reaches over 2,000 students a year. It's an incredible honor to be invited into that role, and I am thrilled for the opportunity to lead the region into a new season of ministry.
Although the role starts officially July 1, the ramp-up has already begun! I am talking regularly with various regional leaders in Michigan to learn about their culture, their values, and their dreams. I am also working to put together the Regional Leadership Team amidst lots of staff transitions, so the next month or two will include making critical hiring decisions.
Our family will move to Grand Rapids in April. This brings us much closer to my side of the family - my brother Sam lives in Grand Rapids itself and my parents are a short couple of hours away in the Chicago area. Though the transition will be challenging as we learn a new place, we are excited for the chance to be closer to family!
Would you please pray for us during this transition?
- First, we are putting our Kansas City house on the market this weekend. Please pray that the Lord would match us with a buyer who will want to make this their new home.
- Second, please pray for our next month of packing and saying good-byes as we prepare for our April move. Pray especially for our kids as they wrestle with the emotions surrounding this transition.
Thank you for your love and prayers - we really appreciate it!
- For our house in Kansas City to sell quickly - as early as this weekend!
- For our month of packing and good-byes, as we prepare for our April move to Grand Rapids.
- For the appointment of my successors in my two current roles: Kansas Area Director and NCF Student Ministries Director. Pray that the Lord will provide new leaders for these ministries.
- For wisdom in hiring staff directors and regional leaders in Michigan.