Eddy & Carrie Ramos – Hope & Joy Ministry, Dominican Republic
Dear friends and family,
Greetings from the DR! Spring is here, the mango trees that give us our shade are filling with fruit, and baby chicks wander the streets. We are seeing so much growth in our ministry as well.
We continue with four activities with the kids each week. The groups are growing and we are making good use of all of the craft supplies that were donated through our Amazon wishlist this winter. The older kids are great helpers to us with the younger kids. And we just celebrated Holy Week and the resurrection of Jesus! We are so encouraged in the Lord.
We are also continuing in our food ministry and weekly food deliveries to the community. As the number of kids we serve grows, the amount of food needed for deliveries grows as well. Thank you to everyone who has donated to help with these costs.
The Dominican government just approved another 45 days of a state of emergency. We have been in that state of emergency since March 2020 and still have a nationwide curfew every day. However, restrictions are lessening and the kids should be going back to school this month for the first time in over a year. So please be in prayer for the kids, the parents, and the teachers as they make this transition back to school.
Thank you so much for your support, for your prayers, and for you interest in Hope and Joy Ministry. We are so grateful for you. If you want to see more about our ministry, follow us on Facebook or Instagram (links at the bottom of this email) where we post pictures a couple times each week. May God pour out His blessings on you and your families.
Dios les bendiga,
Eddy and Carrie Ramos
"Now may the God of HOPE fill you with all JOY and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." Romans 15:13
- Pray that the Lord will allow us to find an apartment to rent for a ministry office in the community.
- Pray for health and safety for the families we serve.
- Pray for God's protection over us as we serve Him.
- Pray that the Lord will provide people to help in the ministry.
- Pray for provision for ministry costs.
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation,
by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present
your requests to God." Philippians 4:6
- We thank God for His faithfulness over the last year.
- We thank God for His provision.
- We praise God for answered prayers for the families of the children.
- We thank God for permitting us to serve him in the community
- We praise God for the work He is doing in the lives of the children and teenagers.
"I will extol the Lord at all times;
his praise will always be on my lips." Psalm 34:1
- If you would like to support Hope & Joy Ministry, with a one-time gift, please click the "donate online" button below and follow the prompts or mail a check to MissionGO (address below) with a note stating that the donation is for Eddy and Carrie Ramos.
- If you would like to sign up to be a monthly partner, click the "Donate Online" button below, enter the amount you would like to donate, click the option "I would like to make this a recurring donation" and follow the prompts. Or you can click the "Partnership Slip" button below to download our partnership slip. You can then print, fill out, and mail it in to MissionGO.
|MissionGO mailing address:
PO Box 2010
Buffalo, NY 14231